how do you manage your project list

  • From: Jeff C <backseatdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 16:07:12 -0800

Fellow DBA's,
How do you manage your work load? I am not taking database work load but
your project list.  I don't know about you but I have my projects that I
need to get done but I also constantly get interrupted by other developers
asking questions, needing help with a query performance, or they mention
some data they need from another database and I have to decided what is the
best way to approach it.  I rarely get my projects worked on.
Do you have some system or tool you use to keep your head straight?  I used
to be the multitasker master but after 10 years and the growth of our
environment, that is not easy anymore.

Looking for any tips anybody might have.

Thank you