Re: how do you manage your project list

  • From: "Job Miller" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jobmiller@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "backseatdba@xxxxxxxxx" <backseatdba@xxxxxxxxx>, Patrice sur GMail <patrice.boivin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 09:57:44 +0000 (UTC)

Give your boss a copy of this book for the holiday:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Phoenix-Project-Helping-Business/dp/0988262592
He will read it and begin to understand why your time must be protected and
focused on the projects you are supposed to deliver.There is a character in the
book that is continually pulled from all project tasks to resolve issues, help
people, etc.
It's an entertaining quick read that you'll surely identify with.

<summary>

Bill is an IT manager at Parts Unlimited. It's Tuesday morning and on his drive
into the office, Bill gets a call from the CEO.

The company's new IT initiative, code named Phoenix Project, is critical to the
future of Parts Unlimited, but the project is massively over budget and very
late. The CEO wants Bill to report directly to him and fix the mess in ninety
days or else Bill's entire department will be outsourced.

With the help of a prospective board member and his mysterious philosophy of
The Three Ways, Bill starts to see that IT work has more in common with
manufacturing plant work than he ever imagined. With the clock ticking, Bill
must organize work flow, streamline interdepartmental communications, and
effectively serve the other business functions at Parts Unlimited.

In a fast-paced and entertaining style, three luminaries of the DevOps movement
deliver a story that anyone who works in IT will recognize. Readers will not
only learn how to improve their own IT organizations, they'll never view IT the
same way again.
</summary>
     From: Jeff C <backseatdba@xxxxxxxxx>