RE: boos

  • From: Michael Milligan <Michael.Milligan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 14:02:15 -0500

Thank-you. I'll get it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 12:24 PM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: boos

> I have not
> read one book that seemingly everyone loves - Jonathan Lewis' Practical
> Oracle 8i. Our company is transitioning to 9i so I'm not sure if I
should
> get it. I've never heard anything but praise for that book.

No matter whether you are on 9i ora 10g, get the book. In fact, get 2.
Keep
one at home, and one in the office.

Mogens ( I think ) has stated that you should just put
a sticker over the '8i'.

If you ask Jonathan, maybe he will send you the upgrade for the book:
A '9i' or '10g' sticker, your choice, to put over the 8i.

It all pretty much applies, especially when so many of us are still trying
to implement features that have been around since 8i was introduced.

That kind of explains the new seminar by our local oracle reps:  Using
features
from 8i and 9i.  :)

Jared

recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.