Re: boos

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mladen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 13:31:40 -0400

On 07/02/2004 01:17:04 PM, Mark Strickland wrote:
> Optimizing Oracle Performance by Cary Millsap (with Jeff Holt)
> The Art and Science of Oracle Performance Tuning by Christopher Lawson
> Oracle Performance Tuning 101 by Vaidyanatha, Deshpande, Kostelac

I would definitely add Robert Freeman's RMAN book, Jonathan Lewis's "Practical
Oracle 8i"
and Tom Kyte's Effective Oracle By Design. So, my first 3 books would be:

1) Optimizing Oracle Performance by Cary Millsap
2) The Art and Science of Oracle Performance Tuning by Christopher Lawson
3) Oracle Performance Tuning 101 by Vaidyanatha, Deshpande, Kostelac
3a) Oracle 9i RMAN Bkp& Rcvry by Robet Freeman
3b) Jonathan Lewis "Practical Oracle8i"
3c) Effective Oracle By Design
3d) Oracle10g New Features xx (he writes marvelous "new features" books)
3e) Tom Kyte's Expert 1-on-1.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA

Note:
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in
error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system,
destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient. Wang Trading LLC and any of its
subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them
to be the views of any such entity.