RE: boos

  • From: "Nelson, Allan" <anelson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 13:22:35 -0500

I'll go with "Practical Oracle 8i" by Jonathon Lewis, because of the
conceptual revolution (havoc) the book caused in my staid dba ways.
Next on the list is "Optimizing Oracle Performance" by Cary Millsap, and
Jeff Holt for the deterministic methodology they brought to performance
diagnosis and finally after much angst, because there really are other
good books out there, "Oracle SQL High-Performance Tuning" by Guy
Harrison to learn the techniques of sql tuning.  Asking for only three
is a little cruel though.

Allan