Re: block chg tracking

  • From: "Mladen Gogala" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mgogala@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 14:18:27 -0500

On 02/12/2015 11:44 AM, Jeremy Schneider wrote:
In my experience, this is not true.  Incrementals are a lot faster
than rolling forward logs (the only other alternative way to replay
between fulls).  I definitely have not seen them becoming "rare" by
any means.
Jeremy, you have to restore one full backup. That's given. Restoring 3 or 4 additional incremental backups will take significant amount of time. And that time can be eliminated using de-duplication technology, because you get the best of both worlds: you are only backing up changes and you have a full backup.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA