Re: block chg tracking

  • From: MARK BRINSMEAD <mark.brinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:45:34 -0500

I don't see the connection between 24x7x365 uptime and level-0 backups.

Yeah -- you're going to use a physical standby as your first line of
recovery.  Nobody is going to take their retail site offline for 4 hours
while you spin backup tapes.  But in the event of a disaster, you are
probably going to failover (immediately) to the standby and continue
operations while you restore the (former) "primary" database from backups.

Why would this preclude the "traditional"  level-0 / level-1 backup?

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Mladen Gogala <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx