Re: When is 11gR2 getting released?

  • From: "Vishal Gupta" <vishal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 21:20:41 +0000

Cheers,
Vishal Gupta

On 7 Jan 2009, at 22:13, "Vishal Gupta" <vishal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I normally tend to go by the rule that don't roll out major version to
production in it's first release. I would rather wait for 11.2 to get
all the teething problems of 11g to be ironed out.

I work for an investment bank and hitting a bug proves to be very
costly. I can't wait forever/ a year fir a bug to be fixed by oracle
support or go through a tar dance ( as tom kyte would out it) for a
production problem which is affecting my production system right now.
I know some would say that problem should already have been identified
in testing phase. But most of the imtime it is not possible to test
every bit of code against a new release for every system in the company.

Cheers,
Vishal Gupta