Re: When is 11gR2 getting released?

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vishal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 22:25:07 +0000

I think my answer to that would be that any y release, where the Oracle
version is x.y.nnnnn is, or should be treated as, a new release.

consider - and a bank will know

7.3 vs 7.2
8.1 vs 8.0
9.2 vs 9.0
10.2 vs 10.1

all of these *introduced* significant new features. I can see the attitude
that says, wait for 11.1.0.7,  that will provide bug fixes. I can't really
see why waiting for 11.2x which will provide new stuff no-one has seen, will
be a safer bet.

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield