RE: When is 11gR2 getting released?

  • From: "Pratap Singh -X (prsingh1 - Abacus at Cisco)" <prsingh1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 18:47:59 -0500

Going by version to have too much meaning may not be very prudent.
A number of times the last release of a series is renamed as first
release of next series.
9iRC3 was changed to 10gR1.

Thanks

PB Singh
Tech Project Manager
Ph: 408 424 2777
Email: prsingh1@xxxxxxxxx

P Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you
really need to.

________________________________

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vishal Gupta

Looking at Metalink Note : - 39691.1 explanation of Oracle's version
numbers. I would expect lot to go wrong when first digit (Major DB
release) of version number changes as opposed second digit (DB
maintenance release).

attachments hereto. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do
not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to
the official business of this company shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.

JPEG image