Re: Weird database hanging

  • From: "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Alex Gorbachev" <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 08:57:47 -0500

Just an update that last night we set Oracle up with up to 20 GB of
hugepages on RHEL4.  This morning we saw another hang.  A new twist
now is that I can log in locally but not over the listener.

Oracle Support keeps telling us to fix application code, I've pretty
much had it.  This all worked fine for years on our 32-bit box with
1.5gb SGA.  Now on a 64-bit box with 16gb SGA it can't seem to walk
and chew gum at the same time.

Don.

--
Don Seiler