Re: Weird database hanging

  • From: "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:50:05 -0500

Jonathan, we don't use ASMM, and so the only entries in that view are
from the instance startup.

I did move the block change tracking file to another disk last night.
However, the error *just* happened again.  For the first x minutes
there was no activity in the alert log, however the CTWR process was
on top of `top`.  After a while I saw those PMON latch errors and the
other errors that I reported earlier.

This happened to occur during one of our bulk loads.

I'm wondering if Confio Ignite might be causing some grief.  I've been
running it for evaluation.  Has anyone had any problems like this?

Don.

--
Don Seiler
oracle: http://ora.seiler.us