Re: Weird database hanging

  • From: "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:09:22 -0500

oracle ~ $ ulimit -u
2047
oracle ~ $ ulimit -n
1024

This is a big gaffe.  According to Puschitz those values should be set
in the .bash_profile to 16384 and 63536, respectively.  Mea culpa on
completely missing these in the setup.

I've since set them in the ~oracle/.bash_profile as well as
/etc/security/limits.conf.  Only problem now is that it'll require a
database bounce to take effect, although we have one scheduled for
Sunday.

Don.

--
Don Seiler