Re: Streams

  • From: Job Miller <jobmiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 09:55:27 -0700 (PDT)

An apply process does not apply row LCRs containing the results of DML changes
in columns of the following datatypes: BFILE, ROWID, and user-defined type
(including object types, REFs, varrays, nested tables, and Oracle-supplied
types).

  SDO_GEOMETRY is a UDT/Object Type supplied by Oracle, so it is excluded from
apply.

CREATE TABLE demo_sp(
    GID NUMBER,
    GEOMETRY MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY);

REM   ... populate user_sdo_geom_metadata
INSERT INTO USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA
    VALUES('demo_sp', 'GEOMETRY',
    mdsys.sdo_dim_array(    mdsys.sdo_dim_element('X', 0, 100, 0.005),
                       mdsys.sdo_dim_element('Y', 0, 100, 0.005)),
                    NULL);
REM   ... create an rtree index
CREATE INDEX demo_sp_idx on demo_sp(geometry) indextype is mdsys.spatial_index
/

Then I tested streams support with:
    select * from all_streams_unsupported;

OWNER                          TABLE_NAME                     REASON
                      AUT
----------------------       -----------------------
------------------------------       ------
DEMOSP                         DEMO_SP                          column with
user-defined type           NO

Since the only user-defined type in the table is an SDO_GEOMETRY,  the answer
appears to be no.

Joe Smith <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I am looking thru the Oracle documents for Streams Replication. I see no
mention of Spatial datatypes.

Can Streams Replicate:

MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY

Spatial or SDO_GEOMETRY datatypes in 10g Release 2?

thanks.

More photos, more messages, more storage?get 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail.

 Get your own web address.