Re: Run command on sqlplus repetitively without reconnection

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oradbt054@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 09:33:14 -0700

On 5/23/07, David Taft <oradbt054@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The part I'm not completely sure about is the double-dash (--). The AIX
man page for ksh is very sparse.  I went to
publib.boulder.ibm.com/.../korn_shell_enhanced.htm
under "Coproces facility", but didn't find any help there. I did find some
info under the getopts command that makes me think the double-dash is just a
kind of terminator that says "don't check for any more options after -p.  Is
that correct?

The -- is not specific to co-processes, but is used to tell the shell to
stop looking for options on the command line, and consider everything
following the -- as an argument.

eg.  Create a file named '-i'

Now try to delete it with 'rm -i'.

This obviously won't work, but 'rm -- -i' will work.

--
Jared Still