Re: Streams

  • From: joel.wittenmyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:20:02 -0500

In such a case there is no need for conflict resolution.  As for the lag, I've replicated schemas from the US to Denmark with lag of less than 5 seconds.

  Quoting "J. Dex" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

If Streams is set up to replicate an entire schema one-way from a  primary to a secondary database and there are no transformations  involved, does conflict resolution still need to be set up?   Is it  likely any conflicts will occur?   Is there a blanket rule that can  be set up for the entire schema regarding conflict resolution?

I have read the *sales* documents on Streams, but in the real world  is it reasonable to expect there may always only be, for example, a  10 second lag time between data being replicated from primary to  secondary?

This is version 10.2.0.4.