RE: Splitting production and development/test at the DBA level?

  • From: "Michael Kline" <mkline1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nancy_iles@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:55:01 -0500

Ah, but don't you know, you can only change the password once every 3-5 days,
and the last 10 have to be different. That's also supposed to be SOX. Then
again, I can't see the harm of a "temporary" change. I used to do that often.
Root/happy, system/funny, etc.

Michael Kline

Principal Consultant

Business to Business Solutions

13308 Thornridge Ct

Midlothian, VA  23112

O: 804.744.1545

Fax: 804.763.0114

  _____

Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:18:04 -0500
From: tomday2@xxxxxxxxx
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The way that I've seen the cloning issue handled is either;

A - The production DBA does the cloning and sets the passwords to something
innocuous before handing over to the development DBA

or

B- The production DBA temporarily changes the paswords in production, takes the
backup and hands it and the temporary passwords over to the development DBA to
do the development database build, and then sets the production database
passwords to something different.

  _____

Check the weather nationwide with MSN Search Try it now!
<http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=weather&FORM=WLMTAG>