RE: Splitting production and development/test at the DBA level?

  • From: Nancy Iles <nancy_iles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 20:37:12 -0600

Does option 'C' exist? I am not very fond of either option 'A' or 'B'!

Thanks for the feedback,

Nancy

Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:18:04 -0500From: tomday2@xxxxxxxxxxx:
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: Splitting production and development/test at
the DBA level?
The way that I've seen the cloning issue handled is either;

A - The production DBA does the cloning and sets the passwords to something
innocuous before handing over to the development DBA

or

B- The production DBA temporarily changes the paswords in production, takes the
backup and hands it and the temporary passwords over to the development DBA to
do the development database build, and then sets the production database
passwords to something different.