RE: Oracle Options

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:52:42 -0400

$> runInstaller
[De-install]
This may my much more head ach that it is worth.
Also I believe some options that are only (licensable) for Oracle EE can not be
de-installed.
For example, I believe that Advanced Replication can not be de-installed in 9i.
I either did not find or it do nothing when I ran catrepr.sql a while
back...the old (8i) was to remove Advanced Replication.

You are bound to break something or find some errors not or later.
I believe Oracle Licensing only consider if you "use" the option...not if it is
just "installed".
Many Oracle options require and run dictionary scripts...especially if your db
was create using DBCA GUI...so possible taking out, or de-installing the option
will still leave remnants *in* the database?

Personally I wouldn't bother...life is complicated enough.

my $.02

Chris Marquez