Re: Oracle Options

  • From: Mark Brooks <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 08:56:50 -0700

Dropping the user without deinstalling the binaries can cause confusion
when applying interim patches. The patch sees the product directory and
assumes the product is installed so it wants to make changes to the
database but the user doesn't exist. Personally, I always do custom
installs and only install the products required.  Makes life simpler
down the road when the compliance folks from our security group run
there inspection tool (Application Detective).