Install error: IP address cannot be found

  • From: "J. Dex" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:44:20 -0400

I am receiving "Errror: Thrown when IP address of a host cannot be
determined" while trying to install 9204 client on RHEL3.  The error always
seems to occur during install portion of the Oracle Internet Directory.  I
am trying to do the install remotely using XServer (I am able to get xclock
without a problem and was able to install it fine on a different server).
Anyone run into this before and know what the resolution is?

Various things I have already tried:

Added my ip info to my hosts file on my local computer
Added info to /etc/hosts file on the actual server
hostname seems to be configured properly on the server
hostname info was added to sysctl.conf