RE: OT: Twelve good reasons NOT to attend the NoCOUG conference tomorrow

  • From: Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "yparesh@xxxxxxxxx" <yparesh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 10:02:41 -0700

The posting was the content of an email that was sent to the NoCOUG contact
list most of whom are local. It always disconcerts me that participation is so
low compared to the sheer number of Oracle professionals in this area. The
questions in my mind are:
How much value is there in participating in the local Oracle users group
whether that be Northern California or North Carolina?
Could we be doing a better job in the areas of topics, speakers, locations,
cost, food, website, service, etc.
And, how do we contact more people who might want to participate?
Iggy