OEM vs Foglight

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:36:22 -0300

So, today we had a very boring and long presentation by Quest about
foglight... I must admit I spaced out 10 minutes in, so I honestly don't
know what they are offering... they are saying that their product is the
best and I think it's a lot cheaper that OEM... so my question goes out
there to you, the community whose opinion I respect. If you had the choice
of staying with OEM or implementing foglight, what would you do? why?

my curiosity tells me to go with spotlight just because it's something I
don't know... and I like to challenge myself... my lazy side is telling me
to stick with OEM which I know how to break and sometimes even how to fix...

My obsessive side is gathering all the information it can to make an
informed recommendation to management... so... here I am.

Thanks in advance
Alan.-