Re: OEM vs Foglight

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle Discussion List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:27:35 -0400

I had used Confio at previous job to monitor our 9i rac setup in early
2000s. It is nice, however during that time its granularity of 10 minutes
and no less, which was frustrating. I did dig into their schema, but more
granular data was available only in their GTTs and there were no plans to
make it more granular in the immediate future 9it might have changed
now). However, I finally managed to combine graphing capabilities of APEX
with Confio repository and came up with some custom reports (I think we
showed one or two to the company as well). I am sure new versions have
become more visually appealing now but haven't looked at it in few years.

We also used spotlight for ops guys to detect instance down situations when
oem was not all that great product. But no experience with Foglight ..

I currently use OEM for db monitoring, other custom setup for apps
monitoring etc and it works nice for current needs.

Raj