Re: OEM justification

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:40:33 -0700

Make that 3.

3.  Governments.  It isn't their money anyway.

On 3/27/07, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3/27/07, Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx >
wrote:

> Oh No, say it isn't so.   I just came down to earth considering a
> proposal for diagnostics and tuning.  This definitely means yet another
> pack!  These guys are going to say 'you do it'... you do it so well now
> :), and it's already paid for.....     Hmmm, I thought that part could
> be done with the free portion of OEM.

My suspicion is that there are 2 types of customers where one will
find that the various packs are added on without much argument:

1. Large data centers with large numbers of databases (100+?)

2. Data centers that are accustomed to mainframe software and
HW pricing and find the add on packs a bargain.

That's my guess anyway.

And Oracle is apparently hitting sales targets for these things.
If they weren't, I would have expected a price drop.

--
Jared Still

Jared Still