RE: Metalink Fiasco - Oracle Support Who do they think we are! - Ok lets get past this....

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx" <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:18:44 -0700

Kathy, I appreciate your ideas, but I think the fact is that Oracle pushed this
on us against our will and it was clearly not ready for production, no matter
how many of us logged into it and alpha tested it for them, and they haven't
made any public apology that I've seen.  A simple apology goes a long way.  I
can tell you that if I hosed something up this bad for just one of my
customers, I and my managers and probably even the executives would be on the
phone personally apologizing and taking full accountability for the issue.  The
users are not to blame for this disaster at all, whether they logged in to MOS
in advance or not.  Sure, they may be responsible for small things like not
knowing where to access certain bits and pieces, but that isn't what we're
talking about here and it has nothing to do with the fact that the entire
system has been barely useable at all for almost an entire week.  I give
everyone on this list the benefit of the doubt that they are providing detailed
explanations of problems to Oracle Support when they can get through to them
that is.

Also, I (and probably most others on this list) did logon long in advance, and
I tested everything I needed and it was working okay, albeit very slowly, and
not compatible with IE8 - but nothing like the problems that started when they
went live.

Regards,
Brandon