RE: Metalink Fiasco - Oracle Support Who do they think we are! - Ok lets get past this....

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:27:41 -0800 (PST)

I found out getting out of all my browser connections (IE7) and getting back in
helped as well.

I have had to do this acouple of times a day.

Also have heard that both the flash and non flash versions of Support work
better in Firefox if you are lucky enough to get that at work.

I understand there are more issues with IE8 than with IE7 in general with
Flash.  Not sure if this true.

Date: Friday, November 13, 2009, 1:14 PM

I contacted our account rep and after a few hours he arranged a conference call
with a person from the Support side of Oracle.
That person was very helpful in confirming that the problems we were
experiencing were not due to account issues (as some other people might be
experiencing), but rather system wide performance issues.

Also, she said that some of the issues might be resolved by clearing your
browser cache and cookies. That didn’t resolve our issues, but thought it might
help somebody else…

I must say that both the account rep and the support person were committed to
helping us and were taking some steps internally based on our feedback…

Vlado Barun, M.Sc., OCE, OCA, MCP
Sr. Database Architect/Manager, Database Engineering and Operations
Jewelry Television