RE: How to generate a lot of load on an Oracle database?

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jheinrich@xxxxxxxx>, <HELMUT.DAIMINGER@xxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Henry Poras" <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:31:35 -0700

I tried testing ORION on my PC a while back and couldn't get it to work.  I was
just putting in "c:","c:\", or "c:\temp" in the mytest.lun file, but none of
them would work.  In the documentation they only show examples of Unix volumes,
e.g. /dev/raw/raw1, so I'm not sure how to make it work on Windows.  If anyone
gets it to work, please let me know how.

Thanks,
Brandon