Re: How to generate a lot of load on an Oracle database?

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <HELMUT.DAIMINGER@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:24:11 +0100

How to generate a lot of load on an Oracle database?>>> We need to test the
maximum I/O throughput of our SAN storage system and therefore need an Oracle
database to generate so much load that >>> there is an I/O bottleneck. Does
anybody out there have open source tools or Oracle scripts for that?

Just an idea (quick and dirty): there are a couple of sql scripts to generate
"load" that Oracle provides with the VMware/Linux/Oracle RAC image demo kit for
the EM Advisors presentation that may be usefull.

Regards,
Dimitre Radoulov