Re: How extensively do you use dbms_application_info ?

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:50:11 +0000

Back in September I wrote, of the usage of DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO

On 9/26/06, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

. However there was a much more appropriate
presentation by Gerry Bowman at the same conference which talked in
much more detail about this approach - covered a 10g specific bug that
you should know about if you are using pl/sql and so on.

I don't know if Gerry hangs out here, but I'll point him at this
discussion and see if he can make the presentation publicly available.

I have to apologise to Gerry for getting his name wrong - he's Gerry Miller
- but he has made the presentation publicly available at his website at
http://www.millerandbowman.com/cpapers.html. For those of you that can make
it to Amsterdam in May he will also be presenting at the upcoming EMEA
conference http://www.eouc.eu/default.asp?p=614

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA