RE: How extensively do you use dbms_application_info ?

  • From: "Yasin Baskan" <yasbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Leng.Kaing@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:13:37 +0300

There is a recent post about this on Tom Kyte's blog. Jonathan Lewis
commented on his concerns about the performance overhead of using
dbms_application_info in
http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2006/09/action-module-program-id-and-vsql.html
#c115921459733564018.

Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:26:11 +0200

From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ryan

> Would you use dbms_application_info for every single pl/sql

> procedure? Even ones that just run a single query?

> I was thinking about floating this idea at work. This is how I would

> do it.

> Module: PL/SQL Package and Functional Module(this would be an

> internal name)

> Action: Procedure, plus any values that would go into bind

> variables.

Personally I like to see it at least for the procedures that are

callable from outside the package.

Since the size of the action is limited... you are restricted about the

amount of information you can give to it.

HTH

Chris

Leng Kaing

Senior Oracle DBA

Hansen Technologies; 2 Frederick St; Doncaster 3108

Ph: +61-3-9840-3832

Bu mesaj ve onunla iletilen tum ekler gonderildigi kisi ya da kuruma ozel ve
Bankalar Kanunu geregince, gizlilik yukumlulugu tasiyor olabilir. Bu mesaj,
hicbir sekilde, herhangi bir amac icin cogaltilamaz, yayinlanamaz ve para
karsiligi satilamaz; mesajin yetkili alicisi veya alicisina iletmekten sorumlu
kisi degilseniz, mesaj icerigini ya da eklerini kopyalamayiniz, yayinlamayiniz,
baska kisilere yonlendirmeyiniz ve mesaji gonderen kisiyi derhal uyararak bu
mesaji siliniz. Bu mesajin iceriginde ya da eklerinde yer alan bilgilerin
dogrulugu, butunlugu ve guncelligi Bankamiz tarafindan garanti edilmemektedir
ve bilinen viruslere karsi kontrolleri yapilmis olarak yollanan mesajin
sisteminizde yaratabilecegi zararlardan Bankamiz sorumlu tutulamaz.

This message and the files attached to it are under the privacy liability in
accordance with the Banking Law and confidential to the use of the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed. This message cannot be copied, disclosed
or sold monetary consideration for any purpose. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, you should not copy, distribute, disclose or forward
the information that exists in the content and in the attachments of this
message; please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this
message. Our Bank does not warrant the accuracy, integrity and currency of the
information transmitted with this message. This message has been detected for
all known computer viruses thence our Bank is not liable for the occurrence of
any system corruption caused by this message