RE: Ghost database

  • From: "Storey, Robert (DCSO)" <RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:23:42 +0000

Opened a SR with Oracle on this one.  Their first response was to send back the
discovery process steps that are listed in the docs, which I"ve already gone
through.

This is on a Windows 2003 server.  There are no registry keys associated to the
database.  I checked the inventory.xml file in the oracle\inventory path and no
mention of the database in question.

I did a registry search and a file system search for the database name and
found nothing.

Yet, the Agent11g discovery STILL finds this old deleted database.

Anyone got any other ideas of where this information might be hiding that the
agent is finding?

Thanks