Re: Manual analyze 10g

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pdba1966@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:19:11 +0000

Assuming that they *don't* want to run analyze but do want to run
dbms_stats then as of 10g (maybe 10.2)
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14258/d_stats.htm#i1046561
dbms_stats.restore_table_stats
will help you out. See also
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14211/stats.htm#i41814 for
an overview. Are they gathering stats at the end of a data load, or after
index maintenance - if the latter their new stats are probably there
already..
Niall

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 2:38 PM, P D <pdba1966@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've got a 10.2.0.4 database and the developers want to run analyze on one
> table even though Oracle automates it in this version.   If I run this for
> them and have any issues, is there a way to revert back to the old
> statistics?     Are there any other potential side effects of running it on
> one table in this version of Oracle.
>

> --

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA