RE: EM access to developers

  • From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 13:42:07 -0500

For developers 99% of the time they just want to see what queries are running
on the database and if there are blocking sessions. Sometimes I've set up a oem
user for specific db's but most of them stop using it if I also present a user
that can query the above. Some then set up a web page or just query via toad.

I do have separate accounts for SA's that can see the hosts and ASM. They get
the alerts for host issues and ASM as well as dba's. I find it helpful as they
usually use different toolsets for monitoring and it's good to have the same
screen to look at in diagnosing performance problems.

I know a group whose manager had a oem dashboard always going on the monitor
and sending out emails for every little thing. The job then became managing the
manager.