RE: Considerations to choose SUN server for Oracle

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>, <rajendra.pande@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:15:06 -0400

OH, PLEASE not an IBM Blade center!!  Those blades have the awfulness
heat control mechanism there ever could be.  Had one at my last gig &
the darn thing kept overheating (in a 55 degree datacenter) at least
once a day.  The sysadmin had to disable the fan control software so
that the fan would run all the time.  After that it was OK, but nothing
to write home about.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International

________________________________

        From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Denis

        I am wondering what type of Sun Server we can consider? T5440 or
E25K

________________________________

        Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this
message or attachments hereto. Please advise immediately if you or your
employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.
relate to the official business of this company shall be understood as
neither given nor endorsed by it.

        Please visit our website at
        http://financialservicesinc.ubs.com/wealth/E-maildisclaimer.html
        for important disclosures and information about our e-mail
        policies. For your protection, please do not transmit orders
        or instructions by e-mail or include account numbers, Social
        Security numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, or other
        personal information.