RE: Certifications don't count! (from a good test-taker)

  • From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <koehned@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 12:58:28 -0400

Oracle Corp normally provides a certificate and an indivdual carrying card for
certification. You may ask the candidate to show you the card, if you want to
ensure that he/she  is certified,

Reagrds
Rafiq> Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:47:34 -0400> From: koehned@xxxxxxxxx> To:
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: Certifications don't count! (from a good
test-taker)> > A couple of years ago I got very frustrated when dealing with
Oracle> Certifications. On both occasions I needed Oracle to verify that a>
certification was valid (i.e. the person claiming to have a> certification
actually had one) but Oracle went out of their way to> make verification
difficult. When I needed to verify my certification> to a perspective employer
I got some mail stating that verifying> certifications may take up to 2 weeks
and the verification ended up> taking a 8 business days. The other time I
wanted to verify someone's> claimed OCM and Oracle said that we needed
permission from the person> we were interviewing to start the verification
process and that> verification would take up to 2 weeks--I was suspicious about
the> initial OCM claim so this person was filed in the circular filing> cabinet
because of all the hassle.> > I have also had trouble proving to Oracle
certification folks that I> have taken the required OCP Oracle class.> > With
Microsoft, I believe that the person with the certification can> give you a
number and you go to a Microsoft web site and are able to> verify any
certification claims very quickly.> > Regards> Daniel> -->
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l> >
Search that pays you back! Introducing Live Search cashback.
http://search.live.com/cashback/?&pkw=form=MIJAAF/publ=HMTGL/crea=srchpaysyouback