Re: Certifications don't count! (from a good test-taker)

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: koehned@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:44:49 -0500

For verification, you can just look online at http://www.oracle.com/technology/ocm/

If they aren't listed there, they may still be an OCM, but if they're on the page, they're an OCM since Oracle Ed maintains that page. As far as I know, OCM credentials have no expiration, though at some point, they're probably outdated and not much help.

Dan

daniel koehne wrote:
A couple of years ago I got very frustrated when dealing with Oracle
Certifications. On both occasions I needed Oracle to verify that a
certification was valid (i.e. the person claiming to have a
certification actually had one) but Oracle went out of their way to
make verification difficult. When I needed to verify my certification
to a perspective employer I got some mail stating that verifying
certifications may take up to 2 weeks and the verification ended up
taking a 8 business days. The other time I wanted to verify someone's
claimed OCM and Oracle said that we needed permission from the person
we were interviewing to start the verification process and that
verification would take up to 2 weeks--I was suspicious about the
initial OCM claim so this person was filed in the circular filing
cabinet because of all the hassle.

I have also had trouble proving to Oracle certification folks that I
have taken the required OCP Oracle class.

With Microsoft, I believe that the person with the certification can
give you a number and you go to a Microsoft web site and are able to
verify any certification claims very quickly.

Regards
   Daniel