Anyone Running Oracle on VMWare?

  • From: Scott Canaan <srcdco@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:03:58 -0400

   We currently run Oracle on Sun (now Oracle) Solaris servers in a clustered
environment.  We've been told that we will be moving to a virtual environment.
There already is a VMWare cluster in the data center and we've been told that
we will most likely be moving in that direction.  The official word from Oracle
is that unless we use their virtual environment, then we will not be in a
supported environment.

    My question is: Is anyone else running Oracle in the VMWare virtual
environment?  If so, have you run into any issues and how much did Oracle
support help you?

We are running Oracle 10g and 11g.

Scott Canaan '88 (Scott.Canaan@xxxxxxx<mailto:Scott.Canaan@xxxxxxx>)
(585) 475-7886 - work           (585) 339-8659 - cell
"Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer.