Re: Anyone Running Oracle on VMWare?

  • From: Thomas Roach <troach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pioro1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:00:37 -0400

One of the other options to consider is from a support standpoint. Oracle
does not "officially" support VMWARE. if you encounter an issue with your
Databases running on VMWARE, Oracle reserves the right to ask you to
recreate the issue on a physical environment that is supported. I have only
seen this in instances where it was a new issue they had not seen and needed
to file a bug to get it fixed, but it "can happen" so beware.

Thomas Roach
813-404-6066
troach@xxxxxxxxx