RE: 64 node Oracle RAC Cluster (The reality of...)

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 08:54:59 -0700

>Just another consideration: am I the only one who believes we
>will see a sort of oracle-os-kernel "in order to minimize the
>overhead of having an operating system installed on the machine"?

Of course they will. Everytime one of us deploys an
oracle database on a stripped-down, barebones
cluster of Linux servers from Dell, we are getting
one step closer to that "utopia".

Well, I better get back to figuring out
how I can use RMAN to back up 15,000
enterprise desksides and ASM or
Oracle Internet Filesystem to virtualize
my 13TB of unstructured oil and gas data.
I'll use tools like SQL*Calc in the process
and I'll send an update from my
Oracle*Mail account.