Re: 64 node Oracle RAC Cluster (The reality of...)

  • From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:40:52 +0800

I haven't thought this through much, but assuming clients are
connecting to instances at "random", then isn't the probability of a
instance requring a block for which it is already the holder approx
1/n, where n is the number of the nodes.  So as the node count rises,
you'd get a reduced likelihood of "success" ?

I suppose dynamic remastering is meant to assist with this as well.

Connor

--
Connor McDonald

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"