[optimal] Re: DICOM and Ultrasound Machines

  • From: "Michael Elrod" <m.elrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 08:00:28 -0800

Hi Alexis,

3k is about the going rate for a DICOM license no matter what you are
purchasing. I work with a verity of accounts and it seems like the Ellex
is the US of choice. If you don't get the DICOM license you will need to
use a third party tool to bring the data into a Data management system.
This means the instrument DB is left with potential errors with regards to
patient demographics.  Eventually DICOM will end up being a standard
feature on ever instrument that is created once the Ophthalmology
community demands this.

Thanks,
Carl Zeiss Meditec Inc.
Enterprise Account Manager Data Management\FORUM
5160 Hacienda Drive
Dublin, CA  94568

Michael Elrod

Desk Phone: +1 925.557.4856
Cell Phone: +1 925.858.1762
Fax: +1 925.557.4652
mailto:m.elrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.meditec.zeiss.com

From:   "Cullen, Alexis" <smithcra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   11/29/2012 07:33 AM
Subject:        [optimal] Re: DICOM and Ultrasound Machines
Sent by:        optimal-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Everyone!

Thanks Peter!
I probably should give a little more information : )
The ultrasound needs to have UBM and Standardized A-scan for tissue
sensitivity.

I've looked up units online, but I've found that sales reps haven't given
me accurate information about how seamless their "DICOM" feature is.  When
we first bought Ellex's EyeCubed machine we were told by our rep it was
DICOM compatible and seamlessly integrated into Symphony (without needing
to manually enter in patient data) . . . that turned out to be inaccurate.
  Their new upgrade is supposed to have this feature . . . for $3,000.
I'm hopeful that I can get a few reviews via the community here so that I
have other options : )

Thanks!

Alexis

From: <Breit>, Peter <BreitP@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:20 AM
To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Check out Accutome. Their B-scan is essentially a laptop with a probe
attached. You believe can send the file as pictures or movie. And the
price is right too.
http://www.accutome.com/product/b-scan-plus

Thank you
Peter

Peter L. Breit, CRA.
Director Ophthalmic Services
The Lankenau Hospital & Bryn Mawr Hospital
484-476-3338
484-476-8206 fax
484-437-3262 mobile
page 3707