[optacon-l] Re: Hooray For The Optacon

  • From: "H & C Arnold" <4carolyna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 13:47:46 -0500

My neighbor taught electronics at Sandhills Community College. So, he and my
husband (alive at the time) got into my computer. There are two batteries in
sort of a pack. We tried all the places around Raleigh, NC, but none knew
where we could get an exact fit. I think I finally called Freedom
Scientific, who put me in touch with a guy in California, whose name I don't
recall. Finally, through the list here, I learned about Richard Oehm. There
was the real answer, because he can replace the batteries, as well as do
anything that an Optacon needs to make it go, as long as he can get
materials. He's reasonable too. Since there are so few resources, he is to
be commended that he does not goudge us. Naturally the work is expensive,
but still reasonable enough for what it is and does.

In God We Trust,

Carolyn