[opendtv] Re: WiFi Supplanting Broadcasting? Get Real!

  • From: "Kon Wilms" <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 17:06:29 -0400

Excellent. Now when you crank up your transmitter and it squelches my
home wifi channel(s), don't be surprised if I take my PDA over to your
place and jam you. Or better still, I'll put up a big directional
stick, and jam you from my house.

http://www.auscert.org.au/render.html?it=4091

Using Wifi for TV broadcasting with IP APs is just plain *stupid*.

Cheers
Kon

BTW how pray tell would my PDA link back to your 3.5Km boosted
omnidirectional with its piddly underpowered internal antenna? Whats
that? I'd have to hook a big stick and signal booster to it? Get outta
here!