[opendtv] Re: White paper from CEA

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:56:16 -0500

Let me add one note.

If the US switched to DVB-T, presumably LG would be able to make DVB-T
receivers profitably for the US market. Something they say they cannot
do now with 8-VSB.

They can do it now in OZ which is only 1/16 the size of the US. So the
US would be a slam dunk.

They must have the answer that Bert is so baffled about.

After all they are at the center of 8-VSB. If they can't make it happen
who can?

Bob Miller