[opendtv] Re: Web Streaming Content and QT, WMV, Flash, ETC

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 16:49:43 -0800

An MPEG-2 program stream (not a transport stream) would seem to qualify.  If
you're already creating transport streams, it's not all that difficult to
create one or more program streams from that, without any re-encoding.  I'm
not sure how one would stream it, but I suspect it's not all that difficult
using RTSP.

Is this for within your intranet, or externally, or both?

Hth

John Willkie

  _____