[opendtv] Re: Web Streaming Content and QT, WMV, Flash, ETC

  • From: "Kon Wilms" <konfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:43:01 -0800

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 1:13 PM, John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (aside from legal issues; UNLV isn't a guy experimenting in his basement)

Right. And I could always pimp my own wares by telling him to just get
a FMS account with us whereby he could stream to web and desktop
players using flash f4v (h264+mp3) ;-) in essence using a licensed
Adobe product that includes h264 for server-side streaming.

There are in fact flash players for the desktop that will play these
files as well (Applian FLV Player for one (it's based on a free
player)).

And ofcourse licensing is still an issue... no debate there.

Cheers
Kon