[opendtv] Re: Ultra HD broadcasts demand higher frame rates

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 12:47:19 -0700

Mark Aitken wrote:
> Define high quality. The primary gating factor driving for higher
frame-rates is 'immersion'. Big, clear pictures require it. But, I will
ask again, what is your definition of high quality...important metric that
must be defined.

Perhaps, "absense of artifacts"?  And not just spatially, but temporally
as well.  For instance, does the picture smear, streak, or strobe?  Does
it cause unflattering effects?  I realize this doesn't really answer your
question.  For stills, we have picture quality signal to noise ratio,
correct?  Perhaps, could there be a motion quality signal to noise ratio
that can be measure?

Dan