[opendtv] Re: Pros/Cons of DSP processor based MPEG software decoder or hardware based MPEG decoder

  • From: "Ralph P. Manfredo" <rmanfredo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 19:36:56 -0800

Rob:

Thanks for setting me straight on this.  When people who we expect to be on
top of standards because they are developing either software or chip based
codecs use terms incorrectly, that causes a lot of confusion.  I all my
threads, I was referring to Part 10.  As you can see, I also used the term
Level incorrectly.  I apologize to anyone I offended..

Ralph

Ralph P. Manfredo
President and CEO

rmanfredo@xxxxxxxx

BroadBand Networks Corporation
2530 Berryessa Road, No. 237
San Jose, CA 95050

Phone:  408.988.2060
Fax:      408.988.2188
Cell:      559.289.2669

www.bbnc.com

Leaders in MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 video over ATM and IP Networks