[opendtv] Re: Pros/Cons of DSP processor based MPEG software decoder or hardware based MPEG decoder

  • From: "Kon Wilms" <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:33:43 -0500

Very cool - maybe a bit too much power for the MIPS cpu though.... in
any case, is there a whitepaper on this new sigma board anywhere? I am
curious to know if the hardware crypto services are only available to
secure execution space applications, or available to any hosted
application that can run on the platform.

I am guessing that this board is >$100 BOM.. ?

Cheers
Kon